- Hours + Admission
- Getting Here
- Group Visits
- Hotel + Visitor Packages
- Museum Policies
- Friday Nights at the de Young
- Artist Studio
- College Programs
- Make a Gift
- Individual Giving
- Corporate, Foundation + Government Giving
- Planned Giving
Foundation and Government Support
At the heart of all of the Fine Arts Museums’ activities is the engagement of our audiences in cultural experiences as a means to individual and community transformation and betterment. Thanks to the generous support of local and national foundation and government funders, we are able to stand behind our belief that providing universal access to art builds community, fosters learning and creativity, and nurtures an ongoing appreciation of art.
Foundations and government funders support the work of the Museums in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
- A five-year grant enhances the Museums’ efforts and training capacity in the conservation of works on paper, objects, and textiles.
- A two-year grant expands the Artist Studio program from month-long residencies at the de Young to year-long residencies with a significant online component, enabling artists to promote their work more widely and generate excitement around their residencies.
- Grants support the Museum Ambassador program, which for more than 30 years has created employment and leadership-building opportunities for San Francisco high school students.
For more information about foundation and government giving, please contact Kathleen Brennan, Director of Foundation and Government Giving at 415.750.2637 or email@example.com.