- Hours + Admission
- Getting Here
- Group Visits
- Hotel + Visitor Packages
- Museum Policies
- Friday Nights at the de Young
- Anna Halprin: Body Radical
- Teen Programs
- College Programs
- Digital Stories
- Make a Gift
- Donor Events
- Patrons Circle
- Individual Giving
- Corporate Giving
- Foundation + Government Giving
- Planned Giving
- Travel Program
Poets in the Galleries
New Program Changes
Devorah Major, poet and teacher, and other Bay Area poets lead classes on a single 90-minute session at the de Young this spring. Students participate in a variety of writing exercises designed to raise their awareness of the art objects they are viewing and to sharpen their ability to use language effectively to interpret what they are seeing and experiencing around them.
The Legion of Honor fall sessions are unavailable due to other programming.
Know Before You Go
- Reservations are required a minimum of eight weeks in advance.
- Poets in the Galleries is free, but reservations must be held with a deposit check of $100 made out to COFAM
- Please use one reservation form for each class or teacher.
- Poetry classes are appropriate for student in grades 4 through 12.
- Maximum 30 students per class.
- Classes offered Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays; single sessions only.
- Sessions are 1 and 1/2 hour long.
- Morning session: 9:30–11 am or afternoon session: noon–1:30 pm.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.750.7696.
Poets in the Galleries is made possible with support from the Joseph and Mercedes McMicking Foundation.