The de Young offers unique experiences for groups of all kinds. Explore our extensive permanent collections, discover the architecture and gardens, and enjoy both casual and fine dining by booking a group visit.
What is a Group?
A group is 10 or more people. We encourage 10 or more people visiting the museum together to order tickets as a group in order to receive discounted admission rates and assistance planning your visit.
Booking a Group Visit
Download the appropriate group order form from the attachments listed below and fill it out completely, including payment information if you are paying by credit card. Email the form to us at email@example.com.
If you are paying by credit card, you may also place your order over the phone by calling us at 415.750.3620. If you are paying by check, you can mail it to us at:
FAMSF Group Sales
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr
San Francisco, CA 94118
- We recommend submitting a ticket order form no later than three business days in advance of your desired visit date. Because tickets are subject to availability, we cannot guarantee access on shorter notice.
- Your admission reservation is not confirmed until you have received an emailed receipt.
Booking a Group Tour
Resuming October 5, 2021, we are pleased to offer special exhibition private tours led by FAMSF docents for your group visit! If you’d like to book a private tour for your group, please indicate this on your order form. You can also book a private docent tour for your group by calling us at 415.750.3620 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour times and docent fees for hour-long special exhibition tours:
- Tours during regular weekday business hours may begin any time during the following blocks: 9:30–11 am, 12–1 pm, 2–4 pm
- Non business hours tours are available Tuesday–Friday at 9 am
- Weekend tours are currently unavailable
- Docent fee: $150 per docent
- Your order form and payment information must be received at least one month prior to your visit to secure a group tour.
- Groups booking a private tour will pay a $150 docent fee in addition to the cost of tickets. The fee is per docent, with one docent able to tour a group of up to 20 people.
- There is a minimum purchase requirement of 20 non-member tickets for all tours before business hours.
- Docent tours are not available the first and last weekends of any special exhibition.
Group audio tour information coming soon.
Does the de Young offer group rates for college or K–12 students or educators?
Yes, we have separate programs designed just for you! Learn more about education group visits and make reservation requests.
What if some members of my group have Fine Arts Museums memberships?
If some members of your group have memberships with FAMSF, we are more than happy to provide the complimentary or discounted tickets they are entitled to. Simply attach a list of the members’ names and membership numbers to your group order form. Please note that complimentary member tickets do not count towards the minimum purchase requirement to book a 9 am private docent tour.
My group is interested in dining at the museum café. How do I arrange this?
Our museum cafés offer a variety of dining options. To inquire about group dining reservations, please contact the café.