Bouquets to Art 2020
The safety of our staff and visitors is of the highest priority to the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. As we continue to closely monitor COVID-19, we are taking proactive steps to maintain a safe space for our members and visitors. As such, the 36th annual Bouquets to Art, scheduled for June 2–7, has been canceled. If you are interested in supporting Bouquets to Art, please consider donating the cost of a ticket, or whatever you can, today. Your donation will help ensure the floral tradition of Bouquets to Art for 2021.
June 2–7, 2020
Bouquets to Art continues to celebrate the summer season in its 36th year with a new palette of fresh flowers in June. Inspired by works of art in the museum’s galleries, the weeklong display of floral installations offers new ways of seeing the permanent collection. While the galleries are blooming, the museum hosts an Opening Night event and a series of luncheons, raffles, and demonstrations with renowned guest speakers. It’s not just fun and flowers, though—proceeds from Bouquets to Art help underwrite special exhibitions, conservation projects, and education programs at the de Young and Legion of Honor museums.
To learn more about this year's engaging weeklong programs, please see below.
|Students with ID||$19|
|Child (5 and under)||Free|
Exhibition Viewing Hours and Admission
Tuesday–Sunday, June 2–7, 9:30 am–5 pm
Photo Free Periods
Thursday, June 4, 3:30–5pm
Friday, June 5, 9:30 am–noon
Members-Only Evening Viewing Hours
Wednesday–Thursday, June 3–4, 6–9 pm
2019 floral display by Katharina Stuart Floral Art and Design. Photograph by Gary Sexton
Monday, June 1, 2020, 7–10 pm
Early entry at 5:30 pm
A Floral Escape!
Be the first to see the exhibits and enjoy a festive evening filled with visual and culinary delights, featuring exquisite floral fashions designed by City College of San Francisco students.
Individual Tickets start at $400. Advance purchase required. Table purchases and Friend level tickets offer early admission. See the full list of Tables Benefits. RSVP early, as tables sell out quickly. To purchase tickets or obtain more information, call 415.750.7648 or email email@example.com.
Photo by Drew Altizer
Opening Night In-kind support is provided by Hafner Vineyard, JCB Collection, Recchiuti Confections, Sosie Wines and The Caviar Co.
Wilsey Court Aerial Truss
Interstellar (artist rendering) by Sharpstick Studio. Photograph provided by Sharpstick Studio.
Interstellar re-imagines the order of the cosmos using Platos dodecahedrons in tumbling order with each containing a glowing energy of yellow and gold florals. Sharpstick Studio is a multi-faceted design studio based in Oakland. From tablescapes to large scale installations, theatrical set design to photo-styling, Sharpstick Studio has been exhibited both nationally and internationally.
Luxury-Prize Benefit Raffle
June 2–7, 2020
$20 per ticket \ 6 for $100
Purchasing tickets for the benefit raffle is another way to support the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. Tickets can be purchased on-site during BTA week at the raffle desk in Wilsey Court. The raffle drawing will be held Sunday, June 7 at 3 pm, at the de Young; winners need not be present.
- Discover Croatia: A six-night, seven-day exclusive stay at the Stone House Marina near Split, Croatia, for up to six guests. Two private local day tours will be included.
- Sonoma Country Life: Stay in luxury at MacArthur Place for two nights, indulge in a Chef’s Food and Wine Tasting luncheon at Chalk Hill Winery, and treat yourself to a spectacular dinner for two at SingleThread.
- Go Behind the Scenes, “Take One”: Get private tours of the Chase Center, Salesforce Tower, SF Jazz, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco City Hall, Marine Mammal, Center and the Conservatory of Flowers.
- Go Behind the Scenes, “Take Two”: Get a closer look at cultural institutions Stern Grove, including performance tickets, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Symphony with performance tickets, Conservation Lab at FAMSF, and San Francisco Ballet with a private studio rehearsal performance.
- Paso Robles Breakaway: A two-night stay at Allegretto Vineyard Resort with breakfast in the Cello Restaurant & Bar, dinner at Il Cortile Ristorante, wine tastings and tours at Law Estate, Booker Wines, Epoch Estate, and Dilecta Wines, tour and olive oil tasting at Kiler Ridge Olive Farm, topped off with a food tour of Paso Robles by Central Coast Food Tours.
- Gourmet San Francisco: A taste of some of the finest restaurants and bars in the Bay Area, including Murray Circle at Cavallo Point, Waterbar, Piperade, Trick Dog, and Bon Voyage!
- Sunny San Diego: Relax for two nights at The Lodge at Torrey Pines with luxurious spa treatments and breakfast at A. R. Valentien, plus private tours of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and the USS Midway included.
The Bouquets to Art Luxury Raffle is offered and fully operated by the San Francisco Auxiliary of the Fine Arts Museums. Proceeds benefit the exhibitions and programs of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Diane B. Wilsey
Honorary Gala Chair
Lorna Meyer Calas
Bouquets to Art Co-Chairs
Jennifer Forbeck and Kathleen Taylor
Dodge & Cox
Sloat Garden Center
In-kind support is provided by Allegretto Vineyard Resort, Bon Voyage!, Booker Wines, California Academy of Sciences, Cavallo Point, Central Coast Food Tours, Chalk Hill Winery, Chase Center, Dilecta Wines, DiRosa Center for Contemporary Art, Epoch Estate Wines, Il Cortile Ristorante, Kiler Ridge Olive Farm, Law Estate Wines, MacArthur Place, Marine Mammal Center, Mathilde French Bistro, Piperade Restaurant, Quarry Hill Botanical Gardens, Salesforce, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco City Hall, San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Symphony, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, SFJazz, SingleThread, Sonoma Valley Art Museum, Stern Grove Festival, Stone House Marina, The Donum Estate, The Lodge at Torrey Pines, Trick Dog, USS Midway Museum donated by Susie Gilmartin, and Waterbar.
Additional support is also provided by the Belvedere-Tiburon, East Bay, Hillsborough, Ross, and San Francisco Auxiliaries of the Fine Arts Museums.
Interested in sponsoring Bouquets to Art? Contact Elizabeth Hundt, Associate Director of Special Events