- Hours + Admission
- Getting Here
- Group Visits
- Hotel + Visitor Packages
- Museum Policies
- Friday Nights at the de Young
- Artist Studio
- College Programs
- Make a Gift
- Individual Giving
- Corporate, Foundation + Government Giving
- Planned Giving
Know Before You Go
Reservations must be made with advanced notice: 4-weeks for Independent Viewing and 8-weeks for guided programs. Reservation forms can be found on the individual program page.
Reservations will be processed beginning August 1st. Fall (October–December) visit requests will be processed before requests for Winter and Spring (January–May).
To see a full listing and descriptions of school programs, please visit the K–12 Students page. Please note that not all programs are offered on all days; check individual program pages for specific days and times.
Before Your Visit
- Open your confirmation packet to confirm numbers, date and time of your program.
- Prepare your students! The Resources for Educators page provides a wide range of professional development, curriculum, images and more.
At the de Young
Free parking is available along JFK Drive (4 hour limit) within Golden Gate Park.
Parking in the garage costs $3.50 per hour Monday–Friday and can be accessed via Fulton and 10th Avenue. Validated parking is not available.
Bus parking is available behind the Band Shell at the west end of the Music Concourse. Buses are allowed to drop students off at the Education Entrance located at the east end of the building behind the Pool of Enchantment. Buses are prohibited from parking in front of the museum.
At the Legion of Honor
At the Legion of Honor, free parking is available in front of the museum and on El Camino Del Mar.
- One adult is required for every ten K–12 students.
- No touching or leaning on objects, platforms or cases.
- No food, drinks or chewing gum.
- Lunches and backpacks are not allowed in the galleries. Please leave them in the bus or car. The Museums are not responsible for lost articles.
- Photography of the permanent collection is permitted without flash; no tripods or video cameras. Photography of special exhibitions is not allowed.
- Please do not assign notes to be taken during the tour. During the unguided portion of the tour, for conservation reasons, please use pencils only to take notes.
- Sketching with small pads (9 x 11 in. or smaller) is permitted in permanent collection galleries only. Special permission must be obtained if using easels and/or large pads. Sketching is not allowed in special exhibitions owing to contractual agreements and insurance restrictions.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 415.750.7696.