- Hours + Admission
- Getting Here
- Group Visits
- Hotel + Visitor Packages
- Museum Policies
- Friday Nights at the de Young
- Artist Studio
- College Programs
- Make a Gift
- Individual Giving
- Corporate, Foundation + Government Giving
- Planned Giving
The museums recognize that educators frequently prefer to tour their own students through the museum collections. We are able to offer free admission, based on availability, to educators who place a request with four weeks’ advance notice. The Museums support self-guided visits by providing resources for in-class and in-gallery study on the Resources for Educators page. Due to limited ticket availability, unregistered groups are not guaranteed entry or free admission.
Things to know when scheduling
- Special exhibition visits are subject to availability. Schools are restricted from visiting special exhibitions during the first two and last two weeks they are on view.
- All K–12 students must be chaperoned by an adult at all times, without exception. The museums require a 1:10 ratio of adults to students.
- For groups larger than 60, we require a completed Large-Group Orientation form to be sent four weeks in advance.
- Lunch arrangements must be made by the school and must take place offsite.
- When visiting the Legion, carefully plan to leave backpacks offsite, due to limited storage capabilities within the museum.
Schedule at a Glance
|Legion of Honor||de Young|
|Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 9:30 am–3:30 pm||Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 12:30–3:30 pm|
|Wednesdays, 12:30–3:30 pm||Thursdays, 9:30 am–3:30 pm|
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 415.750.7696.
Schedule a Visit
Request a Reservation Online: