The museums recognize that educators frequently prefer to tour their own students through the museum collections. We are able to offer free admission, based on availability, to educators who place a request with four weeks’ advance notice. The Museums support self-guided visits by providing resources for in-class and in-gallery study on the Resources for Educators page. Due to limited ticket availability, unregistered groups are not guaranteed entry or free admission.
Things to know when scheduling
• Special exhibition visits are subject to availability. Schools are restricted from visiting special exhibitions during the first two and last two weeks they are on view.
• All K–12 students must be chaperoned by an adult at all times, without exception. The museums require a 1:10 ratio of adults to students.
• For groups larger than 60, we require a completed Large-Group Orientation form to be sent four weeks in advance.
• Lunch arrangements must be made by the school and must take place offsite.
• When visiting the Legion, carefully plan to leave backpacks offsite, due to limited storage capabilities within the museum.
Schedule at a Glance
|Legion of Honor||de Young|
|Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 9:30 am–3:30 pm||Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 12:30–3:30 pm|
|Wednesdays, 12:30–3:30 pm||Thursdays, 9:30 am–3:30 pm|
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.750.7696.
Schedule a Visit
Request a Reservation Online: