- Hours + Admission
- Getting Here
- Group Visits
- Hotel + Visitor Packages
- Museum Policies
- Friday Nights at the de Young
- Artist Studio
- Teen Programs
- College Programs
- Make a Gift
- Patrons Circle
- Individual Giving
- Corporate Giving
- Foundation + Government Giving
- Planned Giving
- Travel Program
Art after School
4–5:30 pm | de Young
Join us at the de Young for a series of afterschool classes. Art after School is a four-week program offering in-depth exploration of the museum’s collection and art-making processes, with instruction by professional teaching artists. Students will spend time in the galleries and in our studio space discussing art and developing art-making skills. Each week students build on past projects and add techniques to their skill set.
Art after School classes take place at the de Young from 4–5:30 pm, once a week for four consecutive weeks.
- January: Color and Form—combine and design with color and form.
- February: Tools—discover new and surprising ways to use artists’ tools.
- March: Texture—learn tips and tricks to create real or imagined textures.
- April: Light and Shadow—add the magic of light and shadow to amplify, exaggerate, and enhance your art.
- May: Art and Design—explore how the world of design can make your ideas come to life.
Art after School Prices
$150 members | $175 non-members
Ticket is for one child.
Sign up by age/day of week:
- Art after School Four-week Series Ages 7-8 on Tuesdays
- Art after School Four-week Series Ages 9-10 on Wednesdays
- Art after School Four-week Series Ages 11-13 on Wednesdays
- Art after School Four-week Series Ages 6-7 on Thursdays
Scholarships are available for all Family Programs. Complete this short application to be considered.
Does your family love learning through art? With a Family membership you’ll enjoy fun perks, including free admission to special exhibitions for children 17 and under, emails with the inside scoop for families, and discounts on our exciting educational programs such as Toddler Tours, Art after School, and the Saturday Studio Series. Learn more.
Questions? Email email@example.com.