The Diane and Sandy Besser Collection: A Gift to the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
Renowned Santa Fe collector Sandy Besser has assembled an extraordinary array of objects in almost every conceivable medium. This exhibition features a selection of his finest objects, drawn from three major collection areas.
- An array of contemporary teapots documents the persistence and vitality of this ancient form, which has been revitalized by artists associated with the studio crafts movement.
- Featured contemporary drawings include works by established artists, such as Roy de Forest and Enrique Chagoya, as well as emerging artists, whose works incorporate figuration, narrative content, and neo-surrealist imagery.
- A selection of 20th-century African beadwork represents the evolution of traditional art forms into a contemporary medium with representations from the Pende, Yoruba, and Kuba societies.
All of the featured works are current or future gifts to the Fine Arts Museums.
The Diane and Sandy Besser Collection
exhibition is organized by the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Today, I’m visiting this website:
- For inspiration.
- To learn something new.
- To plan an activity for my family/friends.
- Because it was recommended to me.
- For professional reasons.
Done. Thank you!
We’re always looking for ways to improve our site, so we want to know why you’re here and how we can help you find the information you need. For specific questions or comments about our website or this survey, please contact us. Thanks for your help!