This event is expired.
These two cities have much in common: liberal politics, cultural diversity, and urban innovation, to name just a few. To celebrate the themes that link these two hubs of creative expression, join the Consulate General of the Netherlands and the de Young Museum for five fast-paced micro-presentations inspired by the favorite cities of both residents and visitors.
Moderator: Arne Bakker, UC Berkeley
- City bike culture: John Calaway, SF Bicycle Coalition
- Urban Sustainability: Gordon Feller, Meeting of the Minds
- HIV research: Pleuni Pennings, Stanford University
- Hippie movement and changing drug attitudes: David Presti, UC Berkeley
- (Dutch) Design and advertisement: Jerry van de Beek, Little Fluffy Clouds