Doing and Viewing Art
This event is expired.
Ages 4–12. Family tours are followed by related hands-on art projects led by professional artists. Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Note new times, both at the de Young
- 10–11:30 am: General public
- 12:30–2 pm: Museum members only
Saturday, January 11: Modeled Bodies
- Saturday, January 25: Layer it Up!
- Saturday, February 1: Shape Shifters
- Saturday, February 8: Panache for Paint
- Saturday, February 22: Pinch, Mold, and Fold: Explorations in Sculpture
- Saturday, March 1: The Bay Bridge: A Work in Progress, 1933–1936
- Saturday, March 8: Tall, Small, and Off the Wall
- Saturday, March 15: Borders of Art: Framing the Big Picture
- Saturday, March 29: Boats! Ways on the Water
- Saturday, April 5: In Living Color
- Saturday, April 12: Repetition, Repetition, Repetition!
- Saturday, April 26: Drawn Together
- Saturday, May 3: Patterns across Cultures
- Saturday, May 10: Mommy and Me
- Saturday, May 17:The Bay Bridge: A Work in Progress, 1933–1936
- Saturday, May 31: Textured Treasures
- Saturday, June 7: African Inspirations
- Saturday, June 14: All in the Family
- Saturday, June 21: Mixing and Matching: Thinking in Pairs
- Saturday, June 28: Creature Feature
Free after regular museum admission. Space is limited and on a first-come-first-served basis. Register 15 minutes before the start of class.
Contact InformationE. Lew Morris